In Bollywood, when you talk about the word perfect the first name that comes to our mind is Aamir Khan. Everybody is a big admirer of his craft and courage to take risks to play diverse, difficult characters in his movies.
He is considered as the game changer of Bollywood. You may never get tired of reading about him and still, there is always room for more to read about Aamir Khan.
Here are 10 interesting facts about the most creative and talented actor in Bollywood.
- Aamir Khan was very interested in Lawn Tennis during his school days, and he was a very good player. He also represented his school in Lawn Tennis in several state-level championships. His favorite Tennis player is Roger Federer.
- The actor inside Aamir Khan was ready to take on the world, even before he realized. It has been reported that Aamir Khan joined a theater group called ‘Avantar’ where he did the backstage work. It was this experience which enriched him as an actor. Aamir even performed at Prithvi Theatre in a Gujarati play called ‘Kesar Bina.’ He went against his father to become an actor.
- Aamir Khan was not always against award shows, but his point of view changed in 1990 when he lost the best actor award to Sunny Deol in Ghayal. He was nominated for Dil and till now, he has been nominated 17 times for the Filmfare Award. Though he has no reservation against the Oscar Awards.
- In his debut movie ‘Holi’, you can see Aamir Khan has a very short haircut. Just before the shooting of the movie Aamir Khan shaved his head and had gone bald as a reaction after his break up with his girlfriend then. Interestingly, director Ketan Mehta like the look for his character and started shooting.
- Aamir has fewer boys and more girls than his friends. The reason for his being friends with most of the girls is that he was sent to a girls’ school till 5th standard. The school allowed boys to study till the 5th standard.
- Aamir Khan has his focus rightly set on Bollywood even from a tender age of eight years. He made his special appearance in the famous song from Nasir Hussain directed by a musical outing in ‘Yaadon Ki Baaraat’ in 1973.
- When he cried during the personal screening, Twitter users cracked memes and jokes on him. Recently, he sportingly said that he read all the Twitter jokes and enjoyed it. He remembers some of the jokes which were superb. The actor revealed that he is enjoying the attention. He found Katti Batti a very emotional story because it reminded him of his love life.
- Aamir Khan and Juhi Chawla became close friends on the sets of QSQT, but their friendship soured during the shoot of Ishq when Aamir Khan played a prank on Juhi. Both haven’t done films together since then.
- Aamir feels that ‘Fanna’ and ‘Ishq’ are the only two hit movies that fell short of his expectations.
Aamir Khan has a tough childhood due to the financial problems faced by his father whose productions mostly were unsuccessful.
His parents opposed his joining films due to their experiences and wished that he would instead pursue a steady career.